Please note that at 10:55pm PST on March 10, 2009 the headline for this story was updated from “TV station: Arrest made in Juliana Redding case” to “TV station removes Juliana Redding ‘arrest’ story from its Web site.”
Update (March 10, 2009, 10:55pm PST): More than 24-hours have passed since a Tucson TV station reported that an arrest had been made in the Juliana Redding case. Tonight, there are indications that KVOA-TV’s report was incorrect. Firstly, the following text appeared in an e-mail I received today from a trusted source: “Per Sgt. Renaldi Thurston with Santa Monica police, KVOA’s report last night that an arrest has been made in the Juliana Redding murder case is NOT ACCURATE. No arrest has been made.” Secondly, no other media has reported that an arrest has been made. And lastly, KVOA appears to have removed the story from its Web site. The specific URL for the KVOA story posted last evening on kvoa.com now contains text that begins, “Our Apologies / The page you requested is currently unavailable…” (However, Beyond90Seconds.com has memorialized the lost record here).
Update (March 9, 2009, 11:54pm PST) Please note that at 11:54pm PST on March 9, 2009, the headline on this story was updated from “Possible development in Juliana Redding case“ to “TV station: Arrest made in Juliana Redding case”
[wpvideo jUJjZXyp w=320]
Update (11:42pm PST): KVOA-TV: ARREST MADE IN MURDER OF FORMER SALPOINTE STUDENT
Update (10:53pm PST): Beyond90Secondscom has just spoken with a representative of one major Los Angeles media outlet. That person shared that she has also heard an unconfirmed report that an arrest has been made in the Juliana Redding case. This media outlet had already contacted the Watch Commander for the Santa Monica Police Department. I was told that the Watch Commander had explained that he/she had not heard anything from detectives in the Redding case. The person at the media outlet told me that this outlet hopes to contact the detectives in the morning.
(March 9, 2009) Beyond90Seconds.com has received an *unconfirmed* report that an arrest has taken place in the Juliana Redding murder case.
At 9:31pm (Arizona time), Beyond90Seconds.com placed a phone call to the Redding family home in Tucson.
When a man answered the phone , I identified myself and explained that I’d just heard from someone in Tucson that an arrest had been made in the case. The man who answered the phone heard me out and politely responded, “We have no comment. Thank you for calling.”
Beyond90Second.com is aware that at least one other media outlet called the Redding home earlier in the evening.
On March 16, 2008, Ms. Redding, 21, was found dead in the condo she’d rented on the 1500 block of Centinela Avenue in Santa Monica, California. Media reports stated that Redding had been assaulted. The autopsy report has not been released.
Beyond90Seconds.com will continue to work into the night to learn whether anyone has been arrested in this case.
Please stay tuned.
1 thought on “TV station removes Juliana Redding “arrest” story from its Web site”
Pingback: Who killed Juliana Redding? « Beyond 90 Seconds
Comments are closed.