Mother and daughter taken to hospital after escaping house fire

(near Snohomish)  A mother and her daughter were treated for possible smoke inhalation following an early morning house fire near Snohomish today.

Snohomish County Fire District 1 Public Information Officer Leslie Hynes says firefighters were dispatched to the 5600 block of 134th Place SE around 12:30 this morning.

Four people and a cat managed to escape the split-level rental property.

“There was a gentleman who lives in the lower level of the house and he said the smoke alarm sounded. He heard it and went to check on the people who live in the upper level of the house, and he assisted them out the window,” Hynes said.

Hynes said it was a “very smokey fire,” adding that although it was contained to the living room area, there’s a lot of smoke and heat damage throughout the upper level of the house.

“A woman and her daughter were transported to Swedish (hospital), Mill Creek emergency room mostly as a precaution because they were exposed to a lot of smoke.”

The house is located about 1.5 miles west of Glacier Peak High School.  It is nearly directly across the street from the Whistle Stop Grocery & Deli.

An Applebee’s and Safeway are also nearby.

Four *videos shot by Beyond90Seconds.com appear below:

•An unedited on-camera interview with Hynes

•B-roll of the scene

•Two recordings of live streams that were shot at the scene

(*The four UStream videos are not currently available).

Scroll to Top
Scroll to Top
Share via
Copy link
Powered by Social Snap