Wayne Bent and members of his church are now 18 days into their “final fast” as a November 17 trial date closes-in. The court file might look stuffed.
At least 10 documents were filed on Friday, October 24. The most interesting development here is that seven women in Bent’s church have been “commanded” to appear at the District Attorney’s Office on November 3rd for the purpose of providing statements concerning the case.
Wayne Bent (aka Michael Travesser) is the leader of the Lord Our Righteousness Church located in northeastern New Mexico. The remote area is commonly referred to as “Strong City”. The State refers to the location as Des Moines.
According to the State, Bent has had sexual contact with two underage girls and has also twice contributed to the delinquency of minors. Bent strongly denies the charges.
Here are the documents filed on Friday, October 24:
- 1st Addendum to the Witness List
- Notice of Statement: Ashley Pickle (aka “Adora”, “Bernice”)
- Notice of Statement: Kathy Bowman (aka “Bethabra”)
- Notice of Statement: Wendy Bent (aka “Christianna”, “Zion”)
- Notice of Statement: Anuina O’Keefe (aka “Ester”)
- Notice of Statement: Jody Thompson (aka “Anaiah”)
- Notice of Statement: Debbie Keele (aka “Ami”)
- Notice of Statement: Bethany Keele (aka “Ely”)
- Order Denying Defendant’s Emergency Motion for Evidentiary Hearing
- Order Denying Defendant’s Motion to Dismiss as to State’s Witness known as L.S.