VIDEO: Snohomish River rising quickly

(Snohomish) Like so many rivers in Washington State today, the Snohomish is very much on the rise.

The National Weather Service now expects record flooding on the Snohomish River at Snohomish.

Forecasters say it will crest at 10 p.m. Thursday more than 10 feet above flood stage. –Seattle P-I/Associated Press

When I set-out with my video camera this morning, I thought I’d head for Arlington and the flooded Stillaguamish river.  However, as I first approached the Snohomish exit on Highway 9, I felt compelled to take a quick look in that town.

It wasn’t a quick visit.

What I saw was enough to keep me busy for a couple of hours, while conveniently removing the threat of encountering even higher water further north in Arlington.

If you enjoyed watching Snohomish River rising quickly, you might also like to watch Wintering bald eagles of Rockport at center of majestic mountain beauty.

, , , , , , ,

10 Responses to VIDEO: Snohomish River rising quickly

1. avatar
    Jeremy Jojola January 8, 2009 at 8:37 pm #

Great vid Mark. Love the music…and the sense of apprehension. Great shots, great editing.

2. avatar
    KM January 8, 2009 at 8:40 pm #

WOW! Incredible video and very frightening. I hope it’s not too close to you and our others friends in the area.

Stay safe!

3. avatar
    Beyond90Seconds January 8, 2009 at 9:01 pm #

Thanks, Jeremy! It was fun to put this video together.

KM, you bet we’re on higher ground!

4. avatar
    Betsy January 9, 2009 at 10:31 am #

Fantastic composition Mark. Love the music, love the images!

5. avatar
    Beyond90Seconds January 9, 2009 at 11:06 am #

Thank you, Betsy. It’s nice to hear from you. Happy New Year!

6. avatar
    Jodi January 10, 2009 at 11:01 am #

The video was actually quite beautiful. It was almost like a tragic ballet. In still photos, without music, it was drab and ugly. Most of what I saw while taking the photos was drab and ugly. Maybe I was listening to the wrong music!

7. avatar
    Beyond90Seconds January 10, 2009 at 11:34 am #

Thanks, Jodi!

8. avatar
    CryTears January 10, 2009 at 2:21 pm #

Awesome footage, music…wow!
    OK…so you got a few more raindrops than your buds just south of you!
    But how bout a little coverage for us Oregonians as we’re slip slip sliding away!
    Houses crashing down everywhere you go!
    We’re 250 dr high above the Clackamas River Valley below us…no way could we have flooding up here, but can you believe our neighbors basement has flooded! under few feet of water! Our barn has standing water in it as well…just glad we got the horses moved!
    We had horrible wind few nights ago…trees were crashing down all night long. I’ve never been afraid the 21 years we’ve lived here until now.
    I was 17 when our house was totally destroyed by a flood in Loma Linda Calif Feb 1969.
    So I know what its like to loose it all.
    I feel so bad for those suffering losses from our unseasonably cold, then warm weather.
    20* 2 weeks ago….60* today! WoW!
    tks for the great coverage!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. See Diva Run » Blog Archive » The disappearing act - January 10, 2009

[…] water may be gone, but the memory remains. I found this video on the Beyond90Seconds.com site. It is hauntingly beautiful, like a tragic […]

2. Wintering bald eagles of Rockport at center of majestic mountain beauty « Beyond 90 Seconds - January 23, 2009

[…] If you liked this video, you might also enjoy watching Snohomish River rising quickly. […]

Thank you for visiting.