*Update: November 4 / 10:34am PST: Order to Vacate
SARAH MONTOYA AUDIO INTERVIEW (runs 39:09)
(November 3) In a recorded interview lasting nearly 40-minutes, the attorney tasked with defending Wayne Bent (aka Michael Travesser) addressed several aspects of the State of New Mexico’s criminal case against the controversial church leader.
Among the numerous topics addressed by Montoya:
- Is Wayne Bent still fasting?
- New trial date of December 8
- Has Wayne Bent handed over control of the church to his son?
- Letters written by Healed
- “Sexual contact”
- Religious freedoms
- Psychological evaluations
Montoya provided Beyond90Seconds.com with three letters written by the alleged victim known as “Healed”. The first letter, dated June 25, 2008, is written to District Attorney Donald Gallegos. The second letter and third letters are dated October 19 and October 27, respectively. Letters number two and three are written to Deputy District Attorney Tomas Benavidez.
LETTERS WRITTEN BY “HEALED”
- June 25, 2008 letter written to District Attorney Donald Gallegos
- October 19, 2008 letter written to Deputy District Attorney Tomas Benavidez
- October 27, 2008 letter written to Deputy District Attorney Tomas Benavidez